Please obey the following:
- Use only athletic footwear with non-marking soles. No outdoor shoes in the gym.
- In foul weather conditions, no wet footwear in the gym. To reduce clutter, leave heavy outerwear in the change room.
- To help prevent eye injuries, be aware of your opponent’s position when smashing a birdie – if they are close to the net a birdie could strike them in the eye. We have had a couple of, very luckily, minor eye injuries in past seasons. (In Canada, badminton has recorded more eye injuries than all other racquet sports combined. Protective eyewear is becoming an essential part of the game.) NOTE: JUNIOR MEMBERS ARE REQUIRED TO WEAR PROTECTIVE EYEWEAR EQUIPMENT (Ages 16 – 18).
- DO NOT CROSS COURTS while play is underway, especially near the players’ board.
- Give the court boundaries a wide berth.
- No food or drink in the gym itself.
- No offensive or abusive language or actions. Players are reminded that this is a recreational club. Please show proper sportsmanship.
- Keep warm-ups short when players are waiting.
- Use your name tag on the player’s board system as explained on this web site. When you are finished for the evening, remove your tag from the board to prevent confusion as to whether or not you are still available for play.
- All equipment must be taken down and put away by the end of our allotted times, so all play must end leaving sufficient time for this to happen.
- Do not leave valuables in the change rooms. Report any suspicious activity immediately.
- Respect other players, have fun and get to know the members of the club.